Friday 22 January 2016

The Mark Evaluation 7)- Looking back at your prelim task, what have you learnt in progression from that to the final product?


I think our first preliminary task helped a lot with all the things and tasks that we would have to do for our actual task. It definitely helped me feel more comfortable and confident when working in groups and with people I hadn't before.

 This is our preliminary task 'Compromised' this was  where we had been given a set amount of time which was 2 weeks and also a specific genre and duration. My group was made up of Angel Duncil, Charlie Weeks and Connor Harper. Luckily for me everyone had great idea and was really hard working when making 'Compromised'. We managed to complete the project and to us it looked good. After having reviews we saw a different side to the clip and realised that there were many small parts that didn't work and didn't look good. But as this was a practise we couldn't re-shoot. This was very helpful as it gave us lots of ideas on how to improve when it came to the real thing.

Our final piece was a spy-action/thriller. It was great from the outset as we had everything planned and everything looked good, but then after our first shoot in London where we able to get footage inside one of London's most iconic buildings. The Walkie-Talkie (20 Fenchurch Street). We then took the footage back and edited it and it didn't look as good as we were hoping which then meant we HAD to reshoot. The second attempt was better but still not great when we filmed in an office but the lighting let us down. So a third and final attempt was filmed in the same location and with lighting in the set to create a tense atmosphere. We then edited all the footage and the video above is what we got. It was also my first time adding in Foley which I hadn't done before but I still feel it could be improved. Overall I feel that in the last 6 months that in media I have improved so much when making film openings and have a much greater knowledge of the film industry. It has also improved my editing skills and how to make a much more professional looking film.


No comments:

Post a Comment