Sunday 3 January 2016

Evaluation of past students Tasks



This is one of the AS Media film openings that I found and it is called 'The Edge'. First of all I think that this film opening is definitely a Level 4 and these are the reasons for this. One of the main things is that it is obvious the genre that it is from the action that is going on and also the chase sequence. This is then also very well matched with the music which gives it the correct atmosphere for the chase scene. The titles I think are in the correct order and they are used are made to look amazing and done really well by the effects. The titles also use the institutional conventions. As I said before the sound as in the music goes really well with what is going on and gives the correct atmosphere. One of the only negatives I can give is because of the sound  and this is because there is hardly any diegetic sound in this opening. I think if there was some diegetic sound it would give it a much better effect as to the location of where it is filmed.  Finally the shooting material they used was great. For example I didn't notice a poor shot in the opening or any bad camerawork. There was also a great variety of shots that was used throughout which made it less boring than if there was the same angles and shots throughout the whole thing. So overall this is very good film opening and I definitely think that this would be given a Level 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment